Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Backing Up Seminar

It seems whenever I dedicate a Good Boot or two to backing up I receive in response an extraordinary number of questions and concerns. And when I ask my seminar attendees what subject they’d like to discuss at their last meeting, it’s always backing up.

So once again because of your interest and that of my seminar attendees, my last Vista seminar - September 13th at 9:30 AM in the Lee Memorial Auditorium on Cleveland Avenue will be dedicated to backing up.

But this time I’ll be taking a different approach, one that’s appropriate for both Vista and XP users.

I’m going to demonstrate not only various methods of backing up but also how and what you need to include in a periodic housekeeping activity that’ll insure should you experience a computer misfortune you’ll have everything you need to recover.

Although I’ll touch on the more exotic methods of backing up, most of the seminar will be dedicated to user friendly backup methods appropriate for novices.

The seminar will include what information you should backup and if it’s not readily apparent where that information is stored on your computer, how to find it and add it to your backup. A soup to nuts Vista and XP backing up and housekeeping presentation using all the features provided by XP and Vista as well as the additional tools needed to perform a thorough, periodic housekeeping.

If you’re in a quandary on how best to secure your system and data, plan on dedicating a couple of hours in an air conditioned, state of the art presentation facility to discovering once and for all how to "do it right"!

A heads up: I’ve been an Embarq person since switching from Sprint to Embarq wireless. And I must admit it was a good choice as Embarq has been an outstanding provider for my phones, wireless, Internet and TV needs. The other day however when I went to upgrade my cell phone, I was told by the folks at Embarq they’ll be discontinuing their cell phone business in 2009.

However, as fate would have it as I left the Embarq store I noticed a Verizon store across the parking lot. And thanks to Doug Lewandowski one of Verizon’s finest, after only one visit I became a Verizon wireless customer.

If you’re shopping for a new cell phone provider, I suggest you include a chat with Doug. He’s remarkable attentive and forthcoming.

Here’s wishing you a Good Boot.

No comments: