Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2009 Computing Schedules

Recently on a trip to the mall, I observed displays of Christmas merchandise. For me a reminder that Sam Cook’s beloved snow birds will soon be back in the fold and not too long after their return our 2009 computer presentation, seminar and hands on training season will begin.

In years past the seminars, user group meetings and hands on training schedules I’ve received for posting to my News-Press blog and my Good Boot Web blog have unfortunately been so close to the actual date of the event many interested in attending have been unable to do so because they had a cast in bronze prior commitment.

With this in mind I decided this year to take a lesson from our local retailers’ pre-preseason holiday presentations and attempt to begin posting 2009 computer season schedules by mid October. Enough advanced notice for locals and snowbirds alike to begin noting on their calendars events of particular interest.

Admittedly this is a quest best described as herding cats as my past experience with many offering seminars and hands on training is they lack a sense of urgency when it comes publishing their schedules.

But fortunately to date I’ve been able to convince a few instructors and trainers of the merit of expeditiously publishing their 2009 schedules. Schedules I’m currently posting to my "under construction" Good Boot Web Blog (www.goodboot.net) and will soon be posting to my News-Press Blog (www.news-press.com/goodboot).

My Good Boot Web Blog will headline "2009 Calendar of Computer Seminars, Presentations and Hands On Training" with two options:
1. A 2009 Summary of Seminars, Presentations and Hands On Training. A list with the starting date of all seminars, user group meetings and hands on training I’ve received to date. A list to be updated as I receive future schedules. If a visitor discovers an event of interest they can click on "Calendar" and go directly to the event for a complete When, Where and Description of the event.
2. A direct access to a Calender of 2009 Events with Dates, Locations and Agendas.

My Good Boot Web Blog also offers an option to subscribe to the Good Boot Newsletter currently subscribed to by over 1700 and receive a monthly e-mail reminder of all to date posted events and a periodic e-mail listing of new posts as they’re receive.

Any organization is welcome to send me for posting their meetings, seminars or hands on training.

Here’s wishing you a Good Boot.

No comments: